When trying to lose weight from the Beer belly, one of the main principles of weight loss is a change in your daily diet.Miso soup is becoming a high regarded source for healthy eating and ultimately losing weight.
Miso soup is well known dietary staple in Japan, contains miso paste, onions, carrots, seaweed and water. The paste is typically made from soybeans, yeast and a starch, such as rice or barley, and is aged for approximately a year. Fortunately, you can purchase aged and fermented miso, which provides several health benefits, in many specialty stores and some supermarkets.
Below are the main benefits which can be attributed to Miso soup. It is essential to make clear that weight loss through Miso soup is when this is substituted for an original meal with a higher calorie level. Miso soup cannot be added as an ‘extra’. Why not try it for your lunch?
The main health and weight loss benefits of Miso Soup are as followed:
- Miso contains many trace minerals, including zinc, manganese, and copper, which can all contribute to the strengthening of the bodies immune system.
- The high amount of nutrients present in miso helps boost energy and even protects bones and blood vessels.
- Miso soup has a high level of zinc present which is valuable to immune function and wound healing.
- A lot of organic compounds are found in miso, which can help reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Miso is often recommended to vegans, since it is naturally high in protein, vitamin K, and vitamin B12.
- Miso is great for the digestive tract, as it is high in fibre and probiotics.
- Miso is a weight loss dream food as it only contains around 56 calories per one ounce serving and only two grams of fat. A cup of miso soup is both satisfying and filling, since it has a high moisture content that curbs appetite and overeating. Adding Miso soup to your everyday diet as a replacement for one of your high in fat/calorie food can significantly decrease the amount of calories you intake into your body.
- The combination of wakame seaweed and miso is said to be an effective fighter against nicotine-related disorders.
- Many believe that consuming miso soup several times a week will help you avoid illness during cold and flu season. The remedy soothes those who are already sick much like chicken soup. Antioxidants in the soup strengthen the immune system and, because miso soothes acid in the system, it helps combat viral infections.